Phil & Tim with some Nutbourne tomatoes and four new local honey sources, a year on from winning the 2016 Surrey Life Food and Drink Award for services to the community.
We provide local, fresh food to people in and around Dorking:
- A stall on Fridays and Saturdays on Dorking High Street (outside Barclays Bank)
- Doorstep deliveries to restaurants and homes in Dorking, Westcott, Capel, Brockham, Ockley and Mickleham.
- We supply a range of food items including:
Bread, cakes, honey and preserves
Eggs and cheese
Poultry and sausages
We support local producers
- All our products are sourced as locally as possible – mostly from within a 20 mile radius of Dorking High Street.
- The big advantage of local food is that it’s fresh, it cuts carbon emissions and we know where it comes from.
Our pricing policy – providing an alternative to supermarket shopping
- Food Float compares prices with the local supermarkets and aims to be competitive where possible.
- Where costs are higher it reflects the higher production costs of small scale producers and higher welfare and environmental standards.