Food Float customers are full of great ideas for using our products. We welcome ideas and suggestions that you’d like to share and will post them here, alongside Tim’s top tips and more information about our products.
This week’s recipe: Leek & Potato soup
As the evenings get a little cooler try making a batch of this delicious soup, it freezes beautifully.
- 1.5kg trimmed leeks chopped and well washed
- 1kg potatoes cut into ½ inch cubes
- 4pts vegetable stock
- 1pt milk
- Melt a knob of butter in a large heavy based pan, add the leeks and place a lid on, sweat until nearly soft.
- Add diced potatoes and soften.
- Add stock and bring to the boil.
- Turn heat down and simmer until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add milk, reheat and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate.
The soup can be used as a base, adding all sorts to it.
- Try some shredded good quality ham, chunks of chicken or fish.
- For that special dinner party, smoked salmon finished with a spoonful of lightly whipped cream and fresh chopped parsley is a winner.